2012-12-20

Tired

I'm tired. I read a quote awhile back that said parents that say they're busy usually have lots of free time that they have filled with activities such as kids soccer practice and dance lessons. Parents who have to work two jobs to make ends meet will respond when asked that they are tired instead. Even though we are not poor or have to work two jobs I go to bed most nights thinking how tired I am. I take care of the kids and the variety of chores to the best of my ability. My wife works full time and does her share if not more at home. So it's not that we have more on our plate than what some people have. We have less than what some have. So why can't we seem to get enough rest?

God says "I will give rest to the weary in spirit." Have we been going to Him and spending time with him? Have we laid our burden on his shoulders?

The truth is that we have gotten better but we are not there yet. We haven't developed a great prayer routine. It's still hit or miss. We pray at meals and the kids are praying before bed.

The Bible tells us to have unceasing prayer to God. We must develop a relationship with Jesus. We must talk to Him before we can expect Him to help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment