2013-02-11

Wife's Rules #1

I going to try to make a list of rules that my wife has asked me to follow.  Not necessarily in order, I will track them as they enter my head.  I find that while it may be laughable that we have "rules" for each other, they really are just a list of things that annoy us and/or they are just things that make life easier for us later down the road.

So to start:
  1. If you put beans in the coffee grinder, grind all of them.  This makes it easier to switch beans when you're in a rush later on.  We have small airtight containers that hold an entire batch of coffee grinds so this potentially will keep the coffee fresher than leaving the beans in the grinder.
Sometimes, rules get broken.  I might do it.  Sometimes, she breaks her own rules.  I've learned to try not to get aggravated about a rule getting broken and recently had to learn not to tell her if she breaks one of her own rules.

At first I thought it was bad timing when I told her of a broken rule because I told her when she was trying to get ready for work.  I found out later that there isn't a good time to tell her.

Along the same note, I can't figure out how to create rules of my own that stick.  Unless she is motivated spiritually or by a person she respects and admires, she usually won't follow for long any rule I ask.  It's not belligerence towards me.  It's more that her attention isn't really on me as I ask her to follow the rule.  I've blown up, early in our relationship, over little things that annoyed me and while she will follow that rule for a time, it puts too much stress on our family life.  I have yet to find a method that works.

This could get into a huge post about being the leader of a family but I'll save that for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment