2013-03-18

My Montage

I realize that my style of dress and presentation of myself is not the most attractive.  Think Mr. Mom before the clean up montage.

I would like to dress a little nicer even for everyday stuff.  I don't remember seeing my grandfather in a t-shirt until after he retired.  Even working outside, he always seemed to favor button down, light weight shirts and slacks.

My intention for awhile now is to wear a better hat than the typical baseball hat that I wear everyday (along with up scaling my clothing choices).  I've bought a couple of hats to try over time.  I got a great felt cowboy hat one winter in Texas but here in Florida, it gets to hot.  After trying that, I got a straw cowboy hat that works great but its cheap and starting to look beat up. 

My latest idea is to try a porkpie or a similar style fedora.  I found a black felt one at Target and tried it on.  I liked how I looked in it but I couldn't find one that fit.  They were either to large or small.  I bought the large one and tried to make it shrink with instructions I found online.  I completely botched it.  So I decided to check at a higher class store.  We have a Macy’s with a men’s section.  Figured I would start there before going online.  I found a fedora (officially a teardrop crown fedora with an upturned brim) that is close enough to what I wanted.  It is dark khaki polyester and fits just a little loose.  After prior mishap, I didn’t want to ruin another hat so I looked and found online that you could add a little padding under the sweatband.  I added a couple of folded index cards and it fits well.

It's different than what I've worn in the past and what most people are used to seeing.  I'm seldom one to care what others think of how I dress and I tend to prefer to be somewhat different.  I’ll have to wait to see what the Mrs. thinks of it though!

No comments:

Post a Comment